Version history / release notes for each release.
Version 2.2.1 (Hotfix)
- Fixed import of slide notes from FamiStudio Text format.
- Added option to not trim unused data when exporting to FamiStudio Text format.
- Fixed crash when exporting to some formats on MacOS
- Fixed crash when exporting FamiStudio/FamiTone2 SFX longer than 256 bytes.
- Fixed glibc dependency issue on Linux that go introduced in 2.2.0.
- Recording mode to record note-by-note using MIDI controller or QWERTY keyboard
- Arpeggio support
- Official FamiStudio Sound Engine release
- Follow mode
- Displaying the piano roll view range in the sequencer
- FDS disk export
- Basic tutorials for first time users
- Error logging when importing/exporting files
- Wav export loop count
- Option to disable dragging sounds when a song is playing
Version 2.1.1 (Hotfix)
- Fixed first frame not being audible when pressing play
- Fixed multiple crashes & issues when exporting to NSF
- Fixed missing notes on noise channel when importing NSFs
- Fixed import of FamiTracker FTM files that uses expansion audio
- Fixed incorrect DPCM samples alignment when exporting NSF, ROM & FamiTone2
- Renaming .so files on Linux to support older version of Mono
- Setting correct file extension when saving on Linux
- FamiTone2 sound effect export fixes
- First Linux release
- Trackpad controls
- Note snapping in the piano roll
- New time format (MM:SS:mmm)
- Command-line interface
- Import of instruments from any supported format
- Duplication of patterns in the sequencer
- Mix paste
- Improved WAV export
- FamiTone2 sound effect export support
- Support for pasting text values in envelopes (comma, semicolon, space, tab or newline seperated)
- PAL native authoring for FamiStudio tempo
- MacOS+Linux MIDI keyboard support
- Shift+Space plays from the beginning of the song
- Alt+Right click up/down as an alternate zooming method
- There was a bug in 2.0.x where release notes would abrutly interrupt slide notes (the NSF was doing it correctly). This is no longer the case.
Version 2.0.3 (Hotfix)
- Fix crash when clicking on a note when a incompatible instrument is selected.
- Fix WAV file export when using a sample rate different than 44100Hz.
Version 2.0.2 (Hotfix)
- Fixing seek bar position in sequencer on Hi-DPI (Retina on MacOS or scaling > 100% on Windows).
- Fixing crash when importing FTM containing multiple songs with the same name.
- Fixing missing or out-of-order songs when exporting to FamiTone2.
- Interpreting zero-velocity MIDI note on events as note off as per specification.
- Highlighting notes being dragged on the piano roll.
- Detection of audio device changes on Windows 7.
- Handling of D3D device lost to improve stability on Windows 7.
Version 2.0.1 (Hotfix)
- Hotfix for 150% scaling crash.
- More audio expansions: FDS, MMC5, VRC7, Namco 163 & Sunsoft S5B.
- Real-time expansion instrument parameters edition
- NSF import
- Note drag & drop with audio preview
- FamiTracker FTM import
- ROM export
- Fine pitch effect track
- New tempo mode
- PAL support
- FamiStudio text import/export
- Custom pattern settings and loop point
- VRC6 saw is no longer affected by duty. The 0 to 15 volume range will map to the entire 0 to 31 possible range. Songs using VRC6 created prior to 2.0.0 will have to cut the volume in half to sound the same (either using volume track or instrument envelope).
- Notes without attack will remain without attack until a new note with attack is reached (even after a stop note).
- VRC6 audio expansion support
- Slide notes
- Vibrato effect
- Workaround "pops" on square channels (Blargg's smooth vibrato technique)
- NSF improvements
- Ability to remove attack on notes
- Relative pitch envelopes
- Jumps and skips will now be applied at the END of the frame, as opposed to the beginning. This is how FamiTracker and the rest of the world does it.
- Selection, cut, copy & paste support for piano roll and sequencer
- FamiTracker instrument file import (thanks @Tgamemaker!)
- More helpful tooltips
- Bug fixes and improvements
Version 1.2.1 (Hotfix)
- Windows 7 hotfix
- macOS support
- Extended note range to 8 octaves
- Volume tracks support
- Release envelopes & release notes
- Hi-DPI support (100%, 150% and 200% scaling on Windows, Retina on macOS)
- Config dialog
- MIDI improvements (device selection and note release)
- Improved NSF memory usage
- Misc bug fixes
- New export dialog
- Added WAV export
- Added FamiTracker Text export (see the wiki for limitations)
- Added NSF export (see the wiki for limitations)
- Bug fixes and code refactoring.